plausible deniability

sophisms to get through the day

Pictures

wtlau on flickr

Blogroll

Previously

Archives

Contact

Buttons

August 05, 2006

Wincent has left the building

Today was the third time they've bid me farewell at Lilly. They've tried to get rid of me before, but like a bad penny, I kept on turning up in different places and capacities.

This time was a particularly... special... given the practical jokes that are the social lubricant of our group. It all started after I had finished packing up my things and started saying my goodbyes. I returned to my cube to find duct tape covering the entrance and pinning down the box I had packed. Sort of ridiculous, but definitely not unexpected. What really caught my attention was the blue push pin taped to my desk with a note: You'll probably need this. Love, Lilly.

I knew immediately what I was going to find. I decided to move the box at my cube to the car a little earlier. Only to find that my car was no longer where I had originally parked it. I put down the box and in the sweltering heat combed the parking lot looking for the car. There were more than a few curses uttered in my search. I eventually tracked down the car and found it was filled with balloons.

Lovely.

I went back to the place where I had left the box in the parking lot. Only the box wasn't there anymore. What ensued was a frantic search around the building for my things. My friends who pulled the joke took different tacts to annoy the hell out of me. Some were telling me to go to the lost and found, others played dumb, while still others paged me bugging me about lunch and the like. Finally, they broke down and told me where my stuff was. It wasn't over though. On my way back in, they also decided to deactivate my badge and laugh at me from the security office.

Thanks for capping off a memorable five years.

Jackasses.

Posted at 3:41 AM
Permanent Link