plausible deniability

sophisms to get through the day

Pictures

wtlau on flickr

Blogroll

Previously

Archives

Contact

Buttons

August 17, 2006

Where the Buffalo Roam

Hanging out with the family in Edmonton. While it's nice being back in my home town, I've generally been bored out of my mind. So far I've brushed up the resume, been to Edmonton's one real attraction a bunch of times, caught up on some reading, had random meals with random friends. Not really sure what type of excitement I'm looking for, but there's a general restlessness that has taken hold.

There's an impressive amount of construction going on around the city. Makes sense given the Alberta boom that everyone seems to be talking about. Apparently even Tim Hortons is paying upwards of $12/hr with benefits. Housing prices have been skyrocketing. I wonder what will happen when the oil sands run out?

I think I have to work on my patience - slow Edmonton traffic is killing me. The open lanes of the Whitemud are screaming for a faster than 80k speed limit.

Posted at 6:31 AM
Permanent Link

Comments


Ahh come on, you love the Mall! It's all we've got here!! and yes, the Whitemud should be a higher speed limit.

  Posted by Blogger Solange
18/8/06 4:00 AM


Things to do around Edmonton this weekend ... if you're still bored:
- Fringe - take in a show
- Fringe - see the street performers
- Farmer's Market
- Sonic 1km run/walk and beer gardens
- Strange Matter - TELUS world of Science
- Douglas Clark: Sweet Immortality (Cdn Photography) - Art Gallery of AB
- Kimonos Exhibit - AB Museum
- Dragon Boat Festival - Louise McKinney Park
- Expo Latino - Churchill Square
- Penny Carnival - Sunday at the Rutherford House

http://www.discoveredmonton.com/Edmonton/Events/AllEvents/

Ok, so I am a big Edmonton fan and think people don't give our city enough credit.

  Posted by Anonymous Anonymous
19/8/06 4:09 AM


It's my secret shame that I love the mall. Well, that's not entirely true. My actual secret shame is my love of shoes. That's the real reason I come back to Edmonton.

Great suggestions, Julie. Thanks for reminding me that Edmonton is the Festival City for a reason. (Though I would rather we reclaim the City of Champions moniker. Stupid Esks - can't even set up a field goal.)

  Posted by Blogger Wince
19/8/06 6:21 PM


I know I don't give this city enough credit...everyone knows I have a love/hate relationship with Edmonton.

  Posted by Blogger Solange
19/8/06 9:39 PM


Post a Comment

<< Back