plausible deniability

sophisms to get through the day

Pictures

wtlau on flickr

Blogroll

Previously

Archives

Contact

Buttons

October 06, 2006

October Events and Reflections

Some people have asked me what my stats were for MBA apps. I don't really believe my stats really did anything for getting me into school but for interests sake, here we go.

I am the most average person you can think of. A reasonable GPA from a good Canadian University, pretty good GMAT score, 3 years post undergrad work experience in Pharma. I've done some significant work in small business while I was going through school and I have some volunteer experience and other activities. Other than the small business work though, very average.

Given these stats, I was pretty amazed when I made it on and eventually off of the waitlist for London Business School. I took some time to think about it though. I think my stats were essentially the minimum height requirement for the ride. After that, there were two things that really made the difference for me. The first is the fit of the school. Visiting London, it just felt right. I had never really been in a place where everyone had such amazing and diverse backgrounds yet shared the same drives and motivations. I was also impressed with the lack of pretension from everyone I met. It was an immediate fit for me. The second part after seeing that I fit was perseverance. I hope I wasn't annoying to the Adcomm, but I made sure - with every "we haven't been able to move you off of the waitlist yet" letter - that I continued to express my interest.

London Business School is right for me and I'm proud to be a future alumnus.

Events and happenings:

It's Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend and my World Famous Turkey is making an appearance. It'll be nice to share a nice meal with a bunch of Edmonton expat friends.

Aside from the random holes in the wall, the newly cleaned furnace and the smooth-as-sandpaper plastering, the project will be entertaining again on the 14th for the Pre-Reno Party. If you're interested in coming and you're in Toronto, please let me know. Our parties have basically become 6-degree-of-separation things.

Come Tuesday, say hello to the newest consultant in pharma startups. I'm pretty excited as I have the opportunity to build a lab from the ground up. The company seems to be a mover and shaker as it's been growing at an impressive clip and has secured an impressive amount of funding.

Finally, GO OILERS GO. I'm impressed with how good the team looked in the season opener. Let's keep that going, boys.

Labels:

Posted at 10:12 PM
Permanent Link

Comments


what class of LBS are you?

  Posted by Blogger -tvu
31/10/06 4:09 AM


Hey -tvu,

Actually I was on the waitlist for MBA2008, but I was accepted for MBA2009. So, I'm excited to say I'll be attending LBS starting next year.

Good luck with your app. I think you'd be a great classmate.

Wince

  Posted by Blogger Wince
31/10/06 4:50 AM


Post a Comment

<< Back