plausible deniability

sophisms to get through the day

Pictures

wtlau on flickr

Blogroll

Previously

Archives

Contact

Buttons

September 01, 2006

The Summer of George

The courier delivered my offer for the MBA2009 program the other day. It was fantastic to see the offer letter and the proof of acceptance. Sort of sucks to see the price tag though. And where's the nice folder that all the people from the MBA2008 class received?

It would have been nice to start school this year, I'm pretty excited to have a year without the worry of which school I'll be attending. A bunch of people have asked me how I'm going to spend my next year. Here's a brain dump of ideas.

Friends and Family - I'm tackling some of this right now. I should do more though. Then again, I think people would rather come visit me when I'm in London.

Work! - This is the major weight on my mind right now. It really shouldn't press as hard as it does but I'll worry until the paycheques come in regularly. I'm in a position where I can choose something I want to do. Something fun. Something I'll enjoy. I've researched and fired off some interest e-mails to a few different places already but I'd be interested in suggestions if anyone has any.

Unleash some creativity - When I was little, some of my favorites of all the things my parents enrolled me in were classes at the Edmonton Art Gallery. I've been meaning to get my art on for the past few years. It would be great to break loose and do something purely creative again. I was thinking of some sculpting classes, I have been known to demonstrate some talent in that discipline.

Research more school stuff - The preliminary work was already put into the application, now it's time for some more concrete stuff. Scholarships, summer internship, shadowing and second year project, exchange, career trajectory. There are a bunch of things to think about between now and when school starts.

Reclaim my health - It's really so much easier not going to the gym and much more enjoyable eating whatever I want. In the spirit of the year though, a more svelte Wincent will be moving to London next year. After seeing my brother's physical transformation after steadily working out over the past year, well, frankly I'm jealous.

¿Habla Español? - Poorly-pronounced conversational Cantonese, basic Mandarin and French, Vietnamese food. I think some basic Spanish would compliment the hodgepodge of sounds I can make. I think it would make things easier for the exit language requirement. My Chinese read/write ability is non existent and another language with sound-letter corresponance to sounds would give me another choice of Language to pursue.

Labels:

Posted at 9:44 AM
Permanent Link

Comments


Hey, how about "Try not being an ass"? Just a thought.

w.

  Posted by Anonymous Anonymous
4/9/06 5:25 AM


Um... That's not really a legitimate employment goal, Winnie.

Thanks though. I appreciate the attempt.

  Posted by Blogger Wince
4/9/06 6:46 AM


dear wince,

you're missing out on the newest (probably best) thing at lilly for awhile.

i'll fill you in with names and details on a medium where my vulgarity can't be documented and reproduced to my bosses.

xo,

  Posted by Anonymous Anonymous
6/9/06 2:52 AM


Yeah, it's more the Year of Wincent.

It is a break from actual responsibility though. And I do plan on ending up in a hospital bed at the end of it.

  Posted by Blogger Wince
8/9/06 3:21 PM


Post a Comment

<< Back