plausible deniability

sophisms to get through the day

Pictures

wtlau on flickr

Blogroll

Previously

Archives

Contact

Buttons

May 24, 2007

Practicing Pith

So scholarship essays are more or less written.

There's a little bit more tweaking to be done, making sure that sentences flow, checking word choice and grammar. Submission happens sometime tonight.

I found I actually enjoyed writing the scholarship essays. There was initial dread - "You know, I really don't know why you should give me the award..." I addressed the dread with great procrastination. When I finally got into gear and started writing, though, reminders of why I chose to do the MBA and attend London Business School in the first place popped up. Things haven't been ideal in the past little bit and the essays gave me a chance to refocus and get excited about something again.

It's surprising to me, but I'm really looking forward to tackling the essay for the scholarship due next month. Never thought I'd look forward to writing. Weird. Regardless, the focus of the next essay is to write about a major challenge faced by an industry with which I have familiarity. There are so many interesting possibilities for Pharma that I really don't know where to begin.

Labels:

Posted at 1:34 PM
Permanent Link

Comments


Best of luck with the result!

  Posted by Blogger Warren
24/5/07 7:56 PM


Thanks, Warren!

How have you been? All I hear about are weddings and birthdays on your blog. How's the condo working out?

  Posted by Blogger Wince
25/5/07 2:27 PM


Hey Wincent,

Good luck for you on the scholarshis... I too had a a hard time to start writing "why me?".. I sent my essays to 5 scholarships. Btw, when are you moving to London? we must schedule a "deferred" meeting.. hehe

cheers,

Marcelo

  Posted by Anonymous Anonymous
28/5/07 1:09 AM


Marcelo my friend!

I applied for 5 so far as well. It's tough finding scholarships for men who aren't necessarily in financial need. Then again, I don't think I'd survive if I had to rework essays for 10 scholarships...

Yes, we definitely need to get together! I will be heading over to London sometime between August 6th-13th. When will you be in London?

  Posted by Blogger Wince
28/5/07 1:55 PM


Post a Comment

<< Back