plausible deniability

sophisms to get through the day

Pictures

wtlau on flickr

Blogroll

Previously

Archives

Contact

Buttons

June 21, 2007

Black's is Photography?

Part of the UK Student Visa application for Canadians requires submitting a passport sized photo (35mm x 45mm) with the the rest of the documentation. This, coupled with the recommendation from the London Business School Student Survival Guide to have lots of passport sized photos handy necessitated that I find a way to obtain said photos. This is out of my usual experience as the last time I had that many small photos was from grade school picture packs. I thought a photo booth would lack the necessary quality control to consistently capture my likeness so I went to the only passport photo place I could think of - Black's Photography.

After I explained my requirements to him, the gentleman at Black's kindly informed me that he could only sell me passport photos in pairs. On top of this, each pair would cost $18(!). There were no volume discounts. Being a store that specializes in photos and has the capacity to develop film and print photos, I asked whether or not it was possible to have them take my photo and print multiple versions of it on a larger sheet. Like with the grade school photos, I could take the printed sheet afterwards and cut out the pictures myself.

No, he said. This was impossible.

I left the store disappointed and slightly confused as to why this couldn't be done. Sitting down to consider my options, it dawned upon me that Moyse had sent digital photos to Black's before to be printed and picked up. I came home, looked on their website and lo and behold - I had my solution!

After a bit of work on Photoshop, I was able to put together 13 pictures on a 5"x7" background, send it electronically to Black's to be printed and ready for me to pick up.

Total cost? $2.27.

Labels:

Posted at 3:21 AM
Permanent Link

Comments


lol :))

  Posted by Blogger RusGirl
21/6/07 8:29 AM


You ingenious Chinese bastard.

  Posted by Anonymous Anonymous
22/6/07 4:18 AM


Post a Comment

<< Back