plausible deniability

sophisms to get through the day

Pictures

wtlau on flickr

Blogroll

Previously

Archives

Contact

Buttons

October 06, 2007

Mac Help, Please?

I accidentally deleted my pictures folder from my Mac the other day. I've made peace with it, though I've lost a whole bunch of my old work. Hopefully my Toshiba still functions well enough to get those files back.

Regardless, I need some Mac help - Anyone out there know how to restore my default picture icon to my pictures folder? I've found the .icns file, but don't know how to do anything beyond that.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Labels: ,

Posted at 9:55 PM
Permanent Link

Comments


So, you stored your pictures in the default pictures folder, deleted it, and you've created a replacement, but it doesn't have the icon? As far as I know, the icon is automatically applied to the folder called "Pictures" that is in your home directory (which you can get to from the "Go" menu in the Finder). There shouldn't be a need for icns files or the like.

  Posted by Blogger Warren
7/10/07 5:24 AM


Mr. Blanchet! You are awesome. Turns out it does automatically apply the icon, but I had to restart before it worked.

Thanks!

  Posted by Blogger Wince
7/10/07 10:50 AM


Post a Comment

<< Back