plausible deniability

sophisms to get through the day

Pictures

wtlau on flickr

Blogroll

Previously

Archives

Contact

Buttons

March 15, 2007

Figurative Sculpture (Piece 3)

Pics of another one of my pieces are now up. Along with some From the last Oilers game we attended. Not the best quality pictures in either case, but passable for the nonce.

I really enjoyed working on this piece and how it turned out. It was a little rushed, me having missed one of the classes we had to work on it because of driving down to buffalo to catch the Oilers, but I think it turned out reasonably. I think the nose and the lips were bang on, though the cheeks look a little gaunt.

I liked the little technical aspects we picked up working on this piece. We essentially started out by creating the crude form of skull with eye sockets. From there, we built on top to add muscle and features. The eyes started out as actual balls of clay around which we built the eyelids, and all the muscles of the brow and cheeks. I think I got the form of the nose pretty close. Lips are fun to make too. We started the lips by making a wedge to form the top lip, then a small crescent for the bottom.

I really rushed the ears and the hair, so those could have been better. Ears are easy because they're like flattened kidney beans with a bent two-pronged lobster fork on the inside. It's a little after the fact now - but I also noticed that I forgot eyebrows... ah well.

---

This is an interesting HCI concept. The site is not much more than a conceptual showcase, but it's interesting none the less.

Don't click this

Labels: , ,

Posted at 4:06 AM
Permanent Link