plausible deniability

sophisms to get through the day

Pictures

wtlau on flickr

Blogroll

Previously

Archives

Contact

Buttons

June 27, 2007

Only 4 More Weekends Working

The past weekend was action packed. Spent Thursday with pretty good seats for the Jay's game. They were going strong till the relief pitcher came out in the 8th. Then everything went to crap. I left early, which really sums up all the Jay's experiences I've ever had. Friday was a quick jaunt over to Niagara for dinner at the Brazillian Steakhouse - CopaCobana. It was reasonable, but I enjoyed Carnaval more. The food didn't stop as we bid Liam good luck in his trip to San Fran and Google on Saturday night with all-you-can-eat sushi. All this eating was probably not the best thing in the world given my main weekend activity.

Thanks to Andreas's inspiration, the weekend days were spent getting my open water SCUBA certification. We couldn't have asked for better weather, a balmy 30°C. Gulliver's Lake is surprisingly close to Toronto. It was once a limestone quarry that was filled by underground aquifers and seeded with bass. The water was clean and clear - unfortunately the visibility at the bottom was terrible. Surprisingly, all the food didn't make me uncomfortable at all.

---

On the MBA front, my Visa app has just been approved. They recieved it yesterday and I just got an e-mail letting me know that I should be expecting my passport back in a few days. For my proof of finances, I had sent in 3 months worth of account statements as well as a sheet detailing my current investment portfolio. I thought I might have needed to submit info around the line of credit I'm taking, but the application went through without it. Absolutely lightning quick. Move logistics then housing are the big items to tackle.

Labels: ,

Posted at 5:34 PM
Permanent Link

Comments


I don't know how you're going to survive London w/ no Hockey/Baseball. Hopefully you like futball. hehe...

  Posted by Blogger -tvu
28/6/07 12:24 AM


Post a Comment

<< Back